What is MetalFX®?
MetalFX® Technology is a
revolutionary printing process that can be used to produce up to 104
million metalic colours in one pass of a five-colouts, without the
expense of multiple spot inks.
The MetalFX® process metallic colour system requires only one extra
The MetalFX® Silver Base Ink is the first colour to be used on the
press., with CMYK values then overprinted in the usual manner. The
transparency of the CMYK allows the high lustre MetalFX® Silver Base
Ink to show through, creating a whole new spectrum of vibrant metallics.
MetalFX® colours encompass the entire colour spectrum, creating 104
MetalFX® is integrated throughout the production process, making the
technology inspiring to designers, economical for brand owners and
easy for printers. Metallics are no longer a high-end luxury, they are
an integral part of the print world... with MetalFX®, metallics are
| Technical Advantage
| Save Time!
- Produce the full MetalFX® range at high-speed
- MetalFX® colours takes less time to cure than traditional
- Outstanding results mean no need for a double hit
- No need to invest in spot metallics inks for one-off jobs
- No wasted ink: simply save the MetalFX® base for your next
- MetalFX® is a cost effective alternative to expensive
- MetalFX® have an increased track level, meaning better
trapping and less rub-off
- The overprinted CMYK acts as a sealer, reducing the need for sealer
- MetalFX® colours can be accurately calculated and ICC
profiled; colour will match every time.